“That doesn’t look good,” You think to yourself after noticing a greenish-color to water that you’ve stored in your water storage tank. You notice that there’s a discoloration and that the water no longer looks clean and safe.
If you’re struggling with the growth of algae in your water tank, then this article will provide information on some of the best water storage tanks to prevent the growth of algae. These tanks have been tried and tested and are also durable.
What is Algae?
Algae is a type of organism that grows in water. When algae is exposed to sunlight (which will often seem like the case), it tends to grow due to photosynthesis. Photosynthesis is the way that plants and other organisms grow.
The growth of algae is especially an issue in the summer, when there’s more sun and longer days. Sunlight and exposure to warmer temperatures also leads to the growth of algae in the water.
The Best Water Storage Tanks To Prevent The Growth of Algae
To make sure that the water you collect in your water storage tank is safe and clean, here are some features to look out for when purchasing a tank. It’s important to remember that these features help deal with the sunlight since exposure to sunlight leads to the growth of algae.
Here are some of the key features to look out for when purchasing water storage tanks so that you can avoid the growth of algae.
- Look for tanks that block out sunlight
With the rise of different technologies that incorporate light block features, it’s possible to avoid having water in your tank exposed to sunlight. Light block features in tanks prevents your algae from growing in your tank.
- Look for tanks that are more darker and opaque
Tanks that are transparent or lighter can attract more sunlight. However, opaque tanks help protect your water from exposure to sunlight. It might be tempting to want to paint your tank a darker color, but please discuss this with a professional before you do this.
- Look for tanks that do not heat up as quickly
Tanks that heat up quickly can cause algae to grow in your tank. Look for tanks that don’t heat up quickly when choosing your tank.
How Impact Resistant Polyethylene Tanks Can Help You
At Rocky Mountain Tanks, we make our tanks using impact resistant polyethylene. The benefits of using this type of material when making tanks includes:
- They combat algae growth. If you’re looking to prevent algae, impact resistant tanks like those we make at Rocky Mountain Tanks are what you need.
- They tend to be lighter than tanks that use other materials. If you’re used to heavy tanks, then it might surprise you to know that tanks made of impact resistant polyethylene tend to be lighter. This makes it easier to place and move.
- They’re resistant to UV rays and can last even in harsh environments. This means that if you’re looking for tanks that are long-lasting and durable, then tanks that are made of impact resistant polyethylene is very helpful to your pocket.
If you’re looking for more information on the tanks available to you, we have vertical, horizontal, open top, truck, doorway slim-line, corner, and many more types of tanks.
We can also create custom tanks. Our custom tanks include:
- Custom fittings
- Single tanks
- Continuously customized tanks
Read this for information on customizable tanks.
If you’re still not sure about the tank that you need or what will work best for you, reach out to us. We would love to go over the different options that you have available to you.